This was recommended by Samy Kamkar in an interview. The full title of this is Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, this can be compare with the Elaboration Learning Model of persuasion. Reading through the audio book from iTunes. Another guy had a review here.
Kennedy Borden is interested in law, and this book is of interest to her, however she is a little young for the content. Summary of parts to gloss over:
- Tribal hazing rituals - track 7, 00:30 to 9:15
- Advice on rewards/punishment for kids - track 7, 20:41 - 29:25
- A boring sex discussion group - track 7, 11:40
- suicide and the Werther effect - track 9, 10:40 - 38:00 (including Jonestown)
- SOB - Track 10, 43:39
- Dumb Ass - Track 11, 19:05
- Mildred's shock experiment - track 12 0:00 to 14:45, 16:00 - story of a protester losing his legs to a train - both are difficult for a five year old
Notes of Interest:
- Track 9 45:30 - Social support, if fake laugh tracks work so well for TV, would this be a reason why a certain politician was elected?
- Track 13 25:30 - what happens when there are reverse gun laws - adults are required to own guns
- Track 13 1:11:00 - dating advice for girls and their parents